Sunday, September 29, 2024

Something to Think About - Satan the Light Bearer & the Gap Theory

This will probably be a jumbled mess because I am trying to get my thoughts down so I can examine this further. I am currently reading the book, "The Gap is Not a Theory" by Jack W. Langford and had a sudden thought when he quoted Gen 1:3-5. 

Genesis 1:3-5 (NKJV)
Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness. God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day. 

In verse three, God created light. Now, there's a couple things that should come to everyone's mind here. First, Isaiah 45:18 says that God did not create the world void, but to be inhabited. Second, the earth was in complete darkness, which is why God had to create light. My thought was, "wasn't Satan the light bearer?"

Isaiah 14:12-14 (NKJV)
“How you are fallen from heaven,
O Lucifer, son of the morning!
How you are cut down to the ground,
You who weakened the nations!
For you have said in your heart:
‘I will ascend into heaven,
I will exalt my throne above the stars of God;
I will also sit on the mount of the congregation
On the farthest sides of the north;
I will ascend above the heights of the clouds,
I will be like the Most High.’

Indeed, Satan is Lucifer, which means light bearer. This is just an initial thought, and would need to be more fleshed out, but it seems to make a connection between the fall of Satan and why the earth was in darkness in verse 3. Perhaps the earth's light was provided by Lucifer, and because of his fall, the earth was now in darkness. In the future, when the new heaven comes down to the new earth, it seems that the light situation will return to the way it possibly was if Satan was indeed the light bearer for the earth, except that light will be provided by God Himself. Revelation 21:23 (NKJV): "The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light."

While these are just initial thoughts, I don't see any contradictions, or heresies here. Hmmm...

No comments: